Gospel of Matthew 14:28 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
28. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
28. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto the upon the waters.
28. And Peter, answering, said to him, Lord, if it is you, give me the order to come to you on the water.
28. And Peter answering him said, Lord, if it be *thou*, command me to come to thee upon the waters.
28. And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it is thou, bid me come to thee on the water.
28. And Peter answering him said, `Sir, if it is thou, bid me come to thee upon the waters;'
German Bible Translations
28. Petrus aber antwortete ihm und sprach: HERR, bist du es, so heiß mich zu dir kommen auf dem Wasser.
28. Petrus aber antwortete ihm und sprach: Herr, bist du es, so heiße mich zu dir auf das Wasser kommen!
French Bible Translations
28. Pierre lui répondit: «Seigneur, si c'est toi, ordonne-moi d'aller vers toi sur l'eau.»
28. Pierre lui répondit: Seigneur, si c’est toi, ordonne que j’aille vers toi sur les eaux.
28. Pierre lui répondit: Seigneur, si c'est toi, ordonne que j'aille vers toi sur les eaux.
28. Et Pierre, lui répondant, dit: Seigneur, si c'est toi, commande-moi d'aller à toi sur les eaux.
28. Et Pierre lui répondant, dit : Seigneur! si c'est toi, commande que j'aille à toi sur les eaux.
28. Et Pierre, répondant, lui dit: Seigneur! si c'est toi, ordonne que j'aille vers toi sur les eaux.
Versions with Strong CodesMatthew 14 / KJV_Strong
28. And[G1161] Peter[G4074] answered[G611] him[G846] and said,[G2036] Lord,[G2962] if[G1487] it be[G1488] thou,[G4771] bid[G2753] me[G3165] come[G2064] unto[G4314] thee[G4571] on[G1909] the[G3588] water.[G5204]
Strong Code definitions
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G611 apokrinomai/ap-ok-ree'-nom-ahee from G575 and krino; to conclude for oneself, i.e. (by implication) to respond; by Hebraism (compare 6030) to begin to speak (where an address is expected):--answer. see G575 see H6030
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G2036 epo/ep'-o a primary verb (used only in the definite past tense, the others being borrowed from G2046, 4483, and 5346); to speak or say (by word or writing):--answer, bid, bring word, call, command, grant, say (on), speak, tell. Compare 3004. see G2046 see G4483 see G5346 see G3004
G2962 kurios/koo'-ree-os from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.
G1487 ei/i a primary particle of conditionality; if, whether, that, etc.:--forasmuch as, if, that, (al)though, whether. Often used in connection or composition with other particles, especially as in 1489, 1490, 1499, 1508, 1509, 1512, 1513, 1536, 1537. See also 1437. see G1489 see G1490 see G1499 see G1508 see G1509 see G1512 see G1513 see G1536 see G1537 see G1437
G4771 su/soo the person pronoun of the second person singular; thou:-- thou. See also 4571, 4671, 4675; and for the plural 5209, 5210, 5213, 5216. see G4675 see G4571 see G4671 see G5209 see G5210 see G5213 see G5216
G2753 keleuo/kel-yoo'-o from a primary kello (to urge on); "hail"; to incite by word, i.e. order:-bid, (at, give) command(-ment).
G2064 erchomai/er'-khom-ahee middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thomahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively):-- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.
G4314 pros/pros a strengthened form of G4253; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. toward (with the genitive case, the side of, i.e. pertaining to; with the dative case, by the side of, i.e. near to; usually with the accusative case, the place, time, occasion, or respect, which is the destination of the relation, i.e. whither or for which it is predicated):-about, according to , against, among, at, because of, before, between, (where-)by, for, X at thy house, in, for intent, nigh unto, of, which pertain to, that, to (the end that), X together, to (you) -ward, unto, with(-in). In the comparative case, it denotes essentially the same applications, namely, motion towards, accession to, or nearness at. see G4253
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Matthew 14
see also: Bible Key Verses