Acts 19:1 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
1. And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
1. And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper country came to Ephesus, and found certain disciples:
1. And it came about that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul, having gone through the higher country, came to Ephesus, where there were certain disciples:
1. And it came to pass, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul, having passed through the upper districts, came to Ephesus, and finding certain disciples,
1. And it came to pass, that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper region, came to Ephesus; and finding certain disciples,
1. And it came to pass, in Apollos' being in Corinth, Paul having gone through the upper parts, came to Ephesus, and having found certain disciples,
German Bible Translations
1. Es geschah aber, da Apollos zu Korinth war, daß Paulus durchwandelte die oberen Länder und kam gen Ephesus und fand etliche Jünger;
1. Es begab sich aber, während Apollos in Korinth war, daß Paulus, nachdem er die obern Länder durchzogen hatte, nach Ephesus kam. Und als er etliche Jünger fand, sprach er zu ihnen:
French Bible Translations
1. Pendant qu'Apollos était à Corinthe, Paul arriva à Ephèse après avoir traversé les hautes provinces de l'Asie. Il rencontra quelques disciples
1. Pendant qu’Apollos était à Corinthe, Paul, après avoir parcouru les hautes provinces de l’Asie, arriva à Ephèse. Ayant rencontré quelques disciples, il leur dit:
1. Pendant qu'Apollos était à Corinthe, Paul, après avoir parcouru les hautes provinces de l'Asie, arriva à Ephèse. Ayant rencontré quelques disciples,
1. Or il arriva, comme Apollos était à Corinthe, que Paul, après avoir traversé les contrées supérieures, vint à Éphèse; et ayant trouvé de certains disciples,
1. Or il arriva comme Apollos était à Corinthe, que Paul après avoir traversé tous les quartiers d'en haut, vint à Ephèse, où ayant trouvé de certains disciples, il leur dit :
1. Pendant qu'Apollos était à Corinthe, Paul, après avoir parcouru les hautes provinces de l'Asie, vint à Éphèse. Il y trouva quelques disciples et leur dit:
Versions with Strong CodesActs 19 / KJV_Strong
1. And[G1161] it came to pass,[G1096] that, while Apollos[G625] was[G1511] at[G1722] Corinth,[G2882] Paul[G3972] having passed through[G1330] the[G3588] upper[G510] coasts[G3313] came[G2064] to[G1519] Ephesus:[G2181] and[G2532] finding[G2147] certain[G5100] disciples,[G3101]
Strong Code definitions
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G1096 ginomai/ghin'-om-ahee a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen"-erate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):--arise, be assembled, be(-come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.
G1722 en/en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:-about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition. see G1519 see G1537
G2882 Korinthos/kor'-in-thos of uncertain derivation; Corinthus, a city of Greece:--Corinth.
G1330 dierchomai/dee-er'-khom-ahee from G1223 and 2064; to traverse (literally):--come, depart, go (about, abroad, everywhere, over, through, throughout), pass (by, over, through, throughout), pierce through, travel, walk through. see G1223 see G2064
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G3313 meros/mer'-os from an obsolete but more primary form of meiromai (to get as a section or allotment); a division or share (literally or figuratively, in a wide application):--behalf, course, coast, craft, particular (+ -ly), part (+ -ly), piece, portion, respect, side, some sort(-what).
G2064 erchomai/er'-khom-ahee middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thomahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively):-- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.
G1519 eis/ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).
G2181 Ephesos/ef'-es-os probably of foreign origin; Ephesus, a city of Asia Minor:--Ephesus.
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G2147 heurisko/hyoo-ris'ko,/a/prolonged/form/of/a/primary heuro hyoo'ro, which (together with another cognate form) heureo hyoo-reh'-o is used for it in all the tenses except the present and imperfect to find (literally or figuratively):--find, get, obtain, perceive, see.
G5100 tis/tis an enclitic indefinite pronoun; some or any person or object:--a (kind of), any (man, thing, thing at all), certain (thing), divers, he (every) man, one (X thing), ought, + partly, some (man, -body, - thing, -what), (+ that no-)thing, what(-soever), X wherewith, whom(-soever), whose(-soever).
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésActes #22: Il vaut mieux la vraie vie avec Christ que sa contrefaçon
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Acts 19Acts #22 (Preacher Notes): True life with Christ is better than counterfeit
see also: Bible Key Verses