Acts 26:1 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
1. Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself:
1. And Agrippa said unto Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth his hand, and made his defence:
1. And Agrippa said to Paul, You may put your cause before us. Then Paul, stretching out his hand, made his answer, saying:
1. And Agrippa said to Paul, It is permitted thee to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretching out his hand answered in his defence:
1. Then Agrippa said to Paul, Thou art permitted to speak for thyself. Then Paul stretched forth the hand, and answered for himself:
1. And Agrippa said unto Paul, `It is permitted to thee to speak for thyself;' then Paul having stretched forth the hand, was making a defence:
German Bible Translations
1. Agrippa aber sprach zu Paulus: es ist dir erlaubt, für dich zu reden. Da reckte Paulus die Hand aus und verantwortete sich:
1. Agrippa aber sprach zu Paulus: Es ist dir erlaubt, für dich zu reden! Da streckte Paulus die Hand aus und verantwortete sich also:
French Bible Translations
1. Agrippa dit à Paul: «Il t'est permis de parler pour ta défense.» Paul tendit la main et plaida sa cause ainsi:
1. Agrippa dit à Paul: Il t’est permis de parler pour ta défense.Et Paul, ayant étendu la main, se justifia en ces termes:
1. Agrippa dit à Paul: Il t'est permis de parler pour ta défense. Et Paul, ayant étendu la main, se justifia en ces termes:
1. Et Agrippa dit à Paul: Il t'est permis de parler pour toi. Alors Paul, ayant étendu la main, prononça son apologie:
1. Et Agrippa dit à Paul : il t'est permis de parler pour toi. Alors Paul ayant étendu la main, parla ainsi pour sa défense.
1. Alors Agrippa dit à Paul: Il t'est permis de parler pour toi-même. Paul ayant étendu la main, parla ainsi pour sa défense:
Versions with Strong CodesActs 26 / KJV_Strong
1. Then[G1161] Agrippa[G67] said[G5346] unto[G4314] Paul,[G3972] Thou[G4671] art permitted[G2010] to speak[G3004] for[G5228] thyself.[G4572] Then[G5119] Paul[G3972] stretched forth[G1614] the[G3588] hand,[G5495] and answered for himself: [G626]
Strong Code definitions
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G4314 pros/pros a strengthened form of G4253; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. toward (with the genitive case, the side of, i.e. pertaining to; with the dative case, by the side of, i.e. near to; usually with the accusative case, the place, time, occasion, or respect, which is the destination of the relation, i.e. whither or for which it is predicated):-about, according to , against, among, at, because of, before, between, (where-)by, for, X at thy house, in, for intent, nigh unto, of, which pertain to, that, to (the end that), X together, to (you) -ward, unto, with(-in). In the comparative case, it denotes essentially the same applications, namely, motion towards, accession to, or nearness at. see G4253
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
G5228 huper/hoop-er' a primary preposition; "over", i.e. (with the genitive case) of place, above, beyond, across, or causal, for the sake of, instead, regarding; with the accusative case superior to, more than:--(+ exceeding, abundantly) above, in (on) behalf of, beyond, by, + very chiefest, concerning, exceeding (above, -ly), for, + very highly, more (than), of, over, on the part of, for sake of, in stead, than, to(-ward), very. In the comparative, it retains many of the above applications.
G4572 seautou/seh-ow-too', geniti 4572] (seautou/seh-ow-too', genitive case from (and 846) seautoi seh-ow-to', and accusative case seauton seh-ow-ton', likewise contracted sautou sow-too', sautoi sow-to', and sauton sowton', respectively of (with, to) thyself:--thee, thine own self, (thou) thy(-self). see G4571 see G846
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G5495 cheir/khire perhaps from the base of G5494 in the sense of its congener the base of G5490 (through the idea of hollowness for grasping); the hand (literally or figuratively (power); especially (by Hebraism) a means or instrument):--hand. see G5494 see G5490
G626 apologeomai/ap-ol-og-eh'-om-ahee middle voice from a compound of G575 and 3056; to give an account (legal plea) of oneself, i.e. exculpate (self):--answer (for self), make defence, excuse (self), speak for self. see G575 see G3056
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésActes #26: Le croyant, un justiciable comme une autre ?
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Acts 26
see also: Bible Key Verses