Gospel of John 12:1 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
1. Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
1. Jesus therefore six days before the passover came to Bethany, where Lazarus was, whom Jesus raised from the dead.
1. Then, six days before the Passover, Jesus came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had made to come back from the dead.
1. Jesus therefore, six days before the passover, came to Bethany, where was the dead [man] Lazarus, whom Jesus raised from among [the] dead.
1. Then Jesus, six days before the passover, came to Bethany, where Lazarus was who had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.
1. Jesus, therefore, six days before the passover, came to Bethany, where was Lazarus, who had died, whom he raised out of the dead;
German Bible Translations
1. Sechs Tage vor Ostern kam Jesus gen Bethanien, da Lazarus war, der Verstorbene, welchen Jesus auferweckt hatte von den Toten.
1. Sechs Tage vor dem Passah kam Jesus nach Bethanien, wo Lazarus war, welchen Jesus von den Toten auferweckt hatte.
French Bible Translations
1. Six jours avant la Pâque, Jésus arriva à Béthanie où était Lazare qu'il avait ressuscité.
1. Six jours avant la Pâque, Jésus arriva à Béthanie, où était Lazare, qu’il avait ressuscité des morts.
1. Six jours avant la Pâque, Jésus arriva à Béthanie, où était Lazare, qu'il avait ressuscité des morts.
1. Jésus donc, six jours avant la Pâque, vint à Béthanie où était Lazare, le mort, que Jésus avait ressuscité d'entre les morts.
1. Jésus donc six jours avant Pâque vint à Béthanie, où était Lazare qui avait été mort, et qu'il avait ressuscité des morts.
1. Six jours avant la Pâque, Jésus vint à Béthanie, où était Lazare qui avait été mort, et qu'il avait ressuscité.
Versions with Strong CodesJohn 12 / KJV_Strong
1. Then[G3767] Jesus[G2424] six[G1803] days[G2250] before[G4253] the[G3588] passover[G3957] came[G2064] to[G1519] Bethany,[G963] where[G3699] Lazarus[G2976] was[G2258] which had been dead,[G2348] whom[G3739] he raised[G1453] from[G1537] the dead.[G3498]
Strong Code definitions
G3767 oun/oon apparently a primary word; (adverbially) certainly, or (conjunctionally) accordingly:--and (so, truly), but, now (then), so (likewise then), then, therefore, verily, wherefore.
G2424 Iesous/ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus. see H3091
G1803 hex/hex a primary numeral; six:--six.
G2250 hemera/hay-mer'-ah feminine (with 5610 implied) of a derivative of hemai (to sit; akin to the base of G1476) meaning tame, i.e. gentle; day, i.e. (literally) the time space between dawn and dark, or the whole 24 hours (but several days were usually reckoned by the Jews as inclusive of the parts of both extremes); figuratively, a period (always defined more or less clearly by the context):--age, + alway, (mid-)day (by day, (-ly)), + for ever, judgment, (day) time, while, years. see G5610 see G1476
G4253 pro/pro a primary preposition; "fore", i.e. in front of, prior (figuratively, superior) to:-above, ago, before, or ever. In the comparative, it retains the same significations.
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G3957 pascha/pas'-khah of Chaldee origin (compare 6453); the Passover (the meal, the day, the festival or the special sacrifices connected with it):--Easter, Passover. see H6453
G2064 erchomai/er'-khom-ahee middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thomahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively):-- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.
G1519 eis/ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).
G963 Bethania/bay-than-ee'-ah of Chaldee origin; date-house; Beth-any, a place in Palestine:-Bethany.
G2976 Lazaros/lad'-zar-os probably of Hebrew origin (499); Lazarus (i.e. Elazar), the name of two Israelites (one imaginary):--Lazarus. see H499
G2348 thnesko/thnay'-sko a strengthened form of a simpler primary thano than'-o (which is used for it only in certain tenses); to die (literally or figuratively):--be dead, die.
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G1453 egeiro/eg-i'-ro probably akin to the base of G58 (through the idea of collecting one's faculties); to waken (transitively or intransitively), i.e. rouse (literally, from sleep, from sitting or lying, from disease, from death; or figuratively, from obscurity, inactivity, ruins, nonexistence):--awake, lift (up), raise (again, up), rear up, (a-)rise (again, up), stand, take up. see G58
G1537 ek/ek a primary preposition denoting origin (the point whence action or motion proceeds), from, out (of place, time, or cause; literal or figurative; direct or remote):--after, among, X are, at, betwixt(-yond), by (the means of), exceedingly, (+ abundantly above), for(- th), from (among, forth, up), + grudgingly, + heartily, X heavenly, X hereby, + very highly, in, ...ly, (because, by reason) of, off (from), on, out among (from, of), over, since, X thenceforth, through, X unto, X vehemently, with(-out). Often used in composition, with the same general import; often of completion.
G3498 nekros/nek-ros' from an apparently primary nekus (a corpse); dead (literally or figuratively; also as noun):--dead.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of John 12
see also: Bible Key Verses