Gospel of John 13:26 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
26. Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
26. Jesus therefore answereth, He it is, for whom I shall dip the sop, and give it him. So when he had dipped the sop, he taketh and giveth it to Judas, [the son] of Simon Iscariot.
26. This was the answer Jesus gave: It is the one to whom I will give this bit of bread after I have put it in the vessel. Then he took the bit of bread, put it into the vessel, and gave it to Judas, the son of Simon Iscariot.
26. Jesus answers, He it is to whom I, after I have dipped the morsel, give it. And having dipped the morsel, he gives it to Judas [son] of Simon, Iscariote.
26. Jesus answered, He it is to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
26. Jesus answereth, `That one it is to whom I, having dipped the morsel, shall give it;' and having dipped the morsel, he giveth [it] to Judas of Simon, Iscariot.
German Bible Translations
26. Jesus antwortete: Der ist's, dem ich den Bissen eintauche und gebe. Und er tauchte den Bissen ein und gab ihn Judas, Simons Sohn, dem Ischariot.
26. Jesus antwortete: Der ist's, dem ich den Bissen eintauchen und geben werde. Und er taucht den Bissen ein und gibt ihn dem Judas, Simons Sohn, dem Ischariot.
French Bible Translations
26. Jésus répondit: «C'est celui à qui je donnerai le morceau que je vais tremper.»Puis il trempa le morceau et le donna à Judas, fils de Simon, l'Iscariot.
26. Jésus répondit: C’est celui à qui je donnerai le morceau trempé. Et, ayant trempé le morceau, il le donna à Judas, fils de Simon, l’Iscariot.
26. Jésus répondit: C'est celui à qui je donnerai le morceau trempé. Et, ayant trempé le morceau, il le donna à Judas, fils de Simon, l'Iscariot.
26. Jésus répond: C'est celui à qui moi je donnerai le morceau après l'avoir trempé. Et ayant trempé le morceau, il le donne à Judas Iscariote, fils de Simon.
26. Jésus répondit : c'est celui à qui je donnerai le morceau trempé; et ayant trempé le morceau, il le donna à Judas Iscariot, [fils] de Simon.
26. Jésus répondit: C'est celui à qui je donnerai un morceau trempé. Et ayant trempé un morceau, il le donna à Judas l'Iscariote, fils de Simon.
Versions with Strong CodesJohn 13 / KJV_Strong
26. Jesus[G2424] answered,[G611]
Strong Code definitions
G2424 Iesous/ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus. see H3091
G611 apokrinomai/ap-ok-ree'-nom-ahee from G575 and krino; to conclude for oneself, i.e. (by implication) to respond; by Hebraism (compare 6030) to begin to speak (where an address is expected):--answer. see G575 see H6030
G1565 ekeinos/ek-i'-nos from G1563; that one (or (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed:--he, it, the other (same), selfsame, that (same, very), X their, X them, they, this, those. See also 3778. see G1563 see G3778
G2076 esti/es-tee' third person singular present indicative of G1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are:--are, be(-long), call, X can(not), come, consisteth, X dure for a while, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle. see G1510
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G1473 ego/eg-o' a primary pronoun of the first person I (only expressed when emphatic):--I, me. For the other cases and the plural see 1691, 1698, 1700, 2248, 2249, 2254, 2257, etc. see G1691 see G1698 see G1700 see G2248 see G2249 see G2254 see G2257
G911 bapto/bap'-to a primary verb; to whelm, i.e. cover wholly with a fluid; in the New Testament only in a qualified or special sense, i.e. (literally) to moisten (a part of one's person), or (by implication) to stain (as with dye):--dip.
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G1325 didomi/did'-o-mee a prolonged form of a primary verb (which is used as an alternative in most of the tenses); to give (used in a very wide application, properly, or by implication, literally or figuratively; greatly modified by the connection):-adventure, bestow, bring forth, commit, deliver (up), give, grant, hinder, make, minister, number, offer, have power, put, receive, set, shew, smite (+ with the hand), strike (+ with the palm of the hand), suffer, take, utter, yield.
G2455 Ioudas/ee-oo-das' of Hebrew origin (3063); Judas (i.e. Jehudah), the name of ten Israelites; also of the posterity of one of them and its region:--Juda(-h, -s); Jude. see H3063
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésPensée/Verset du jour – Jean 13:16
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of John 13
see also: Bible Key Verses