Gospel of John 13:18 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
18. I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
18. I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled: He that eateth my bread lifted up his heel against me.
18. I am not talking of you all: I have knowledge of my true disciples, but things are as they are, so that the Writings may come true, The foot of him who takes bread with me is lifted up against me.
18. I speak not of you all. I know those whom I have chosen; but that the scripture might be fulfilled, He that eats bread with me has lifted up his heel against me.
18. I speak not of you all; I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me, hath lifted up his heel against me.
18. not concerning you all do I speak; I have known whom I chose for myself; but that the Writing may be fulfilled: He who is eating the bread with me, did lift up against me his heel.
German Bible Translations
18. Nicht sage ich von euch allen; ich weiß, welche ich erwählt habe. Aber es muß die Schrift erfüllt werden: "Der mein Brot isset, der tritt mich mit Füßen."
18. Ich rede nicht von euch allen; ich weiß, welche ich erwählt habe. Doch muß die Schrift erfüllt werden: «Der mit mir das Brot ißt, hat seine Ferse wider mich erhoben.»
French Bible Translations
18. »Je ne parle pas de vous tous: je connais ceux que j'ai choisis. Mais il faut que l'Ecriture s'accomplisse: Celui qui mange le pain avec moi a levé son talon contre moi.
18. Ce n’est pas de vous tous que je parle; je connais ceux que j’ai choisis. Mais il faut que l’Ecriture s’accomplisse:Celui qui mange avec moi le painA levé son talon contre moi.
18. Ce n'est pas de vous tous que je parle; je connais ceux que j'ai choisis. Mais il faut que l'Ecriture s'accomplisse: Celui qui mange avec moi le pain A levé son talon contre moi.
18. Je ne parle pas de vous tous; moi, je connais ceux que j'ai choisis; mais c'est afin que l'écriture soit accomplie: "Celui qui mange le pain avec moi a levé son talon contre moi".
18. Je ne parle point de vous tous, je sais ceux que j'ai élus, mais il faut que cette Ecriture soit accomplie, [qui dit] : celui qui mange le pain avec moi, a levé son talon contre moi.
18. Je ne parle point de vous tous; je sais ceux que j'ai choisis; mais il faut que l'Écriture soit accomplie: Celui qui mange le pain avec moi a levé le pied contre moi.
Versions with Strong CodesJohn 13 / KJV_Strong
Strong Code definitions
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
G3756 ou/oo, also (before a vowel ouch ookh a primary word; the absolute negative (compare 3361) adverb; no or not:--+ long, nay, neither, never, no (X man), none, (can-)not, + nothing, + special, un(-worthy), when, + without, + yet but. See also 3364, 3372. see G3361 see G3364 see G3372
G4012 peri/per-ee' from the base of G4008; properly, through (all over), i.e. around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time (with the genitive case denoting the subject or occasion or superlative point; with the accusative case the locality, circuit, matter, circumstance or general period):--(there-)about, above, against, at, on behalf of, X and his company, which concern, (as) concerning, for, X how it will go with, ((there-, where-)) of, on, over, pertaining (to), for sake, X (e-)state, (as) touching, (where-)by (in), with. In comparative, it retains substantially the same meaning of circuit (around), excess (beyond), or completeness (through). see G4008
G3956 pas/pas including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:--all (manner of, means), alway(s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no(-thing), X thoroughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.
G1473 ego/eg-o' a primary pronoun of the first person I (only expressed when emphatic):--I, me. For the other cases and the plural see 1691, 1698, 1700, 2248, 2249, 2254, 2257, etc. see G1691 see G1698 see G1700 see G2248 see G2249 see G2254 see G2257
G1492 eido/i'-do a primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent 3700 and 3708; properly, to see (literally or figuratively); by implication, (in the perfect tense only) to know:--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) know(-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wish, wot. Compare 3700. see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700 see G3708 see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G235 alla/al-lah' neuter plural of G243; properly, other things, i.e. (adverbially) contrariwise (in many relations):--and, but (even), howbeit, indeed, nay, nevertheless, no, notwithstanding, save, therefore, yea, yet. see G243
G2443 hina/hin'-ah probably from the same as the former part of G1438 (through the demonstrative idea; compare 3588); in order that (denoting the purpose or the result):--albeit, because, to the intent (that), lest, so as, (so) that, (for) to. Compare 3363. see G1438 see G3588 see G3363
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G1124 graphe/graf-ay' a document, i.e. holy Writ (or its contents or a statement in it):--scripture.
G4137 pleroo/play-ro'-o from G4134; to make replete, i.e. (literally) to cram (a net), level up (a hollow), or (figuratively) to furnish (or imbue, diffuse, influence), satisfy, execute (an office), finish (a period or task), verify (or coincide with a prediction), etc.:--accomplish, X after, (be) complete, end, expire, fill (up), fulfil, (be, make) full (come), fully preach, perfect, supply. see G4134
G5176 trogo/tro'-go probably strengthened from a collateral form of the base of G5134 and 5147 through the idea of corrosion or wear; or perhaps rather of a base of G5167 and 5149 through the idea of a craunching sound; to gnaw or chew, i.e. (generally) to eat:--eat. see G5167 see G5149 see G5134 see G5147
G3326 meta/met-ah' a primary preposition (often used adverbially); properly, denoting accompaniment; "amid" (local or causal); modified variously according to the case (genitive association, or accusative succession) with which it is joined; occupying an intermediate position between 575 or 1537 and 1519 or 4314; less intimate than 1722 and less close than 4862):-- after(-ward), X that he again, against, among, X and, + follow, hence, hereafter, in, of, (up-)on, + our, X and setting, since, (un-)to, + together, when, with (+ -out). Often used in composition, in substantially the same relations of participation or proximity, and transfer or sequence. see G4314 see G575 see G1537 see G1519 see G1722 see G4862
G4418 pterna/pter'-nah of uncertain derivation; the heel (figuratively):--heel.
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésPensée/Verset du jour – Jean 13:16
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of John 13
see also: Bible Key Verses