Gospel of John 13:25 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
25. He, then, resting his head on Jesus' breast, said to him, Lord, who is it?
25. and that one having leant back on the breast of Jesus, respondeth to him, `Sir, who is it?'
German Bible Translations
25. Denn derselbe lag an der Brust Jesu, und er sprach zu ihm: HERR, wer ist's?
25. Da lehnt sich jener an die Brust Jesu und spricht zu ihm: Herr, wer ist's?
French Bible Translations
25. Ce disciple se pencha vers Jésus et lui dit: «Seigneur, qui est-ce?»
25. Et ce disciple, s’étant penché sur la poitrine de Jésus, lui dit: Seigneur, qui est-ce?
25. Et ce disciple, s'étant penché sur la poitrine de Jésus, lui dit: Seigneur, qui est-ce?
25. Et lui, s'étant penché sur la poitrine de Jésus, lui dit: Seigneur, lequel est-ce?
25. Lui donc étant penché dans le sein de Jésus, lui dit : Seigneur, qui est-ce?
25. Et lui, s'étant penché sur le sein de Jésus, lui dit: Seigneur, qui est-ce?
Versions with Strong CodesJohn 13 / KJV_Strong
25. He[G1565] then[G1161] lying[G1968] on[G1909] Jesus'[G2424] breast[G4738] saith[G3004] unto him,[G846] Lord,[G2962] who[G5101] is[G2076] it?
Strong Code definitions
G1565 ekeinos/ek-i'-nos from G1563; that one (or (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed:--he, it, the other (same), selfsame, that (same, very), X their, X them, they, this, those. See also 3778. see G1563 see G3778
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G1968 epipipto/ep-ee-pip'-to from G1909 and 4098; to embrace (with affection) or seize (with more or less violence; literally or figuratively):--fall into (on, upon) lie on, press upon. see G1909 see G4098
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
G2424 Iesous/ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus. see H3091
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G2962 kurios/koo'-ree-os from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.
G5101 tis/tis probably emphatic of G5100; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what (in direct or indirect questions):--every man, how (much), + no(-ne, thing), what (manner, thing), where (-by, -fore, -of, -unto, - with, -withal), whether, which, who(-m, -se), why. see G5100
G2076 esti/es-tee' third person singular present indicative of G1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are:--are, be(-long), call, X can(not), come, consisteth, X dure for a while, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle. see G1510
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésPensée/Verset du jour – Jean 13:16
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of John 13
see also: Bible Key Verses