Gospel of John 13:24 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
24. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.
24. Simon Peter therefore beckoneth to him, and saith unto him, Tell [us] who it is of whom he speaketh.
24. Making a sign to him, Simon Peter said, Who is it he is talking about?
24. Simon Peter makes a sign therefore to him to ask who it might be of whom he spoke.
24. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, to ask who it should be of whom he spoke.
24. Simon Peter, then, doth beckon to this one, to inquire who he may be concerning whom he speaketh,
German Bible Translations
24. Dem winkte Simon Petrus, daß er forschen sollte, wer es wäre, von dem er sagte.
24. Diesem winkt nun Simon Petrus, daß er forschen möchte, wer es sei, von dem er rede.
French Bible Translations
24. Simon Pierre lui fit donc signe de demander qui était celui dont parlait Jésus.
24. Simon Pierre lui fit signe de demander qui était celui dont parlait Jésus.
24. Simon Pierre donc lui fait signe de demander lequel était celui dont il parlait.
24. Et Simon Pierre lui fit signe de demander qui était celui dont [Jésus] parlait.
24. Simon Pierre lui fit signe de demander qui était celui de qui il parlait.
Versions with Strong CodesJohn 13 / KJV_Strong
24. Simon[G4613] Peter[G4074] therefore[G3767] beckoned[G3506] to him,[G5129] that he should ask[G4441] who[G5101] it should be[G1498] [G302] of[G4012] whom[G3739] he spake.[G3004]
Strong Code definitions
G3767 oun/oon apparently a primary word; (adverbially) certainly, or (conjunctionally) accordingly:--and (so, truly), but, now (then), so (likewise then), then, therefore, verily, wherefore.
G3506 neuo/nyoo'-o apparently a primary verb; to "nod", i.e. (by analogy), signal:--beckon.
G4441 punthanomai/poon-than'-om-ahee middle voice prolonged from a primary putho (which occurs only as an alternate in certain tenses); to question, i.e. ascertain by inquiry (as a matter of information merely; and thus differing from G2065, which properly means a request as a favor; and from G154, which is strictly a demand for something due; as well as from G2212, which implies a search for something hidden; and from G1189, which involves the idea of urgent need); by implication, to learn (by casual intelligence):--ask, demand, enquire, understand. see G2065 see G154 see G2212 see G1189
G5101 tis/tis probably emphatic of G5100; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what (in direct or indirect questions):--every man, how (much), + no(-ne, thing), what (manner, thing), where (-by, -fore, -of, -unto, - with, -withal), whether, which, who(-m, -se), why. see G5100
G302 an/an a primary particle, denoting a supposition, wish, possibility or uncertainty:-- (what-, where-, wither-, who-)soever. Usually unexpressed except by the subjunctive or potential mood. Also contracted for G1437. see G1437
G4012 peri/per-ee' from the base of G4008; properly, through (all over), i.e. around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time (with the genitive case denoting the subject or occasion or superlative point; with the accusative case the locality, circuit, matter, circumstance or general period):--(there-)about, above, against, at, on behalf of, X and his company, which concern, (as) concerning, for, X how it will go with, ((there-, where-)) of, on, over, pertaining (to), for sake, X (e-)state, (as) touching, (where-)by (in), with. In comparative, it retains substantially the same meaning of circuit (around), excess (beyond), or completeness (through). see G4008
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésPensée/Verset du jour – Jean 13:16
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of John 13
see also: Bible Key Verses