Gospel of Luke 19:17 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
17. And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
17. And he said unto him, Well done, thou good servant: because thou wast found faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
17. And he said to him, You have done well, O good servant: because you have done well in a small thing you will have authority over ten towns.
17. And he said to him, Well [done], thou good bondman; because thou hast been faithful in that which is least, be thou in authority over ten cities.
17. And he said to him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.
17. and he said to him, Well done, good servant, because in a very little thou didst become faithful, be having authority over ten cities.
German Bible Translations
17. Und er sprach zu ihm: Ei, du frommer Knecht, dieweil du bist im Geringsten treu gewesen, sollst du Macht haben über zehn Städte.
17. Und er sprach zu ihm: Recht so, du braver Knecht! Weil du im Geringsten treu gewesen bist, sollst du Macht haben über zehn Städte!
French Bible Translations
17. Il lui dit: 'C'est bien, bon serviteur. Parce que tu as été fidèle dans une petite chose, reçois le gouvernement de 10 villes.'
17. Il lui dit: C’est bien, bon serviteur; parce que tu as été fidèle en peu de chose, reçois le gouvernement de dix villes.
17. Il lui dit: C'est bien, bon serviteur; parce que tu as été fidèle en peu de chose, reçois le gouvernement de dix villes.
17. Et il lui dit: Bien, bon esclave, parce que tu as été fidèle en ce qui est très-peu de chose, aie autorité sur dix villes.
17. Et il lui dit : cela va bien, bon serviteur; parce que tu as été fidèle en peu de chose, aie puissance sur dix villes.
17. Et il lui dit: C'est bien, bon serviteur, parce que tu as été fidèle en peu de choses, tu auras le gouvernement de dix villes.
Versions with Strong CodesLuke 19 / KJV_Strong
Strong Code definitions
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G2036 epo/ep'-o a primary verb (used only in the definite past tense, the others being borrowed from G2046, 4483, and 5346); to speak or say (by word or writing):--answer, bid, bring word, call, command, grant, say (on), speak, tell. Compare 3004. see G2046 see G4483 see G5346 see G3004
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G2095 eu/yoo neuter of a primary eus (good); (adverbially) well:--good, well (done).
G18 agathos/ag-ath-os' a primary word; "good" (in any sense, often as noun):--benefit, good(-s, things), well. Compare 2570. see G2570
G3754 hoti/hot'-ee neuter of G3748 as conjunction; demonstrative, that (sometimes redundant); causative, because:--as concerning that, as though, because (that), for (that), how (that), (in) that, though, why. see G3748
G1096 ginomai/ghin'-om-ahee a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen"-erate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):--arise, be assembled, be(-come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.
G1722 en/en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:-about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition. see G1519 see G1537
G2192 echo/ekh'o,/including/an/alternate/form a primary verb; to hold (used in very various applications, literally or figuratively, direct or remote; such as possession; ability, contiuity, relation, or condition):--be (able, X hold, possessed with), accompany, + begin to amend, can(+ -not), X conceive, count, diseased, do + eat, + enjoy, + fear, following, have, hold, keep, + lack, + go to law, lie, + must needs, + of necessity, + need, next, + recover, + reign, + rest, + return, X sick, take for, + tremble, + uncircumcised, use.
G1849 exousia/ex-oo-see'-ah from G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, i.e. (subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely, magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:--authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength. see G1832
G1176 deka/dek'-ah a primary number; ten:-(eight-)een, ten.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésLes Paraboles #5: Que nos assurances, ne deviennent pas de l’auto-suffisance! – Luc 8:9-14
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Luke 19Parables #6: My neighbor is near to me – Luke 10:25-37
Parables #5: Let our assurances not become self-sufficient! – Luke 19
Parables #4: A Gold Coin to Seize – Luke 19
see also: Bible Key Verses