Gospel of Luke 19:37 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
37. And when he was come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works that they had seen;
37. And as he was now drawing nigh, [even] at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works which they had seen;
37. And when he came near the foot of the Mountain of Olives, all the disciples with loud voices gave praise to God with joy, because of all the great works which they had seen;
37. And as he drew near, already at the descent of the mount of Olives, all the multitude of the disciples began, rejoicing, to praise God with a loud voice for all the works of power which they had seen,
37. And when he had come nigh, even now at the descent of the mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice, for all the mighty works that they had seen.
37. and as he is coming nigh now, at the descent of the mount of the Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began rejoicing to praise God with a great voice for all the mighty works they had seen,
German Bible Translations
37. Und da er nahe hinzukam und zog den Ölberg herab, fing an der ganze Haufe seiner Jünger, fröhlich Gott zu loben mit lauter Stimme über alle Taten, die sie gesehen hatten,
37. Als er sich aber schon dem Abhang des Ölberges näherte, fing die ganze Menge der Jünger freudig an, Gott zu loben mit lauter Stimme wegen all der Taten, die sie gesehen hatten,
French Bible Translations
37. Déjà il approchait de Jérusalem, vers la descente du mont des Oliviers. Alors toute la foule des disciples, remplis de joie, se mirent à adresser à haute voix des louanges à Dieu pour tous les miracles qu'ils avaient vus.
37. Et lorsque déjà il approchait de Jérusalem, vers la descente de la montagne des Oliviers, toute la multitude des disciples, saisie de joie, se mit à louer Dieu à haute voix pour tous les miracles qu’ils avaient vus.
37. Et lorsque déjà il approchait de Jérusalem, vers la descente de la montagne des oliviers, toute la multitude des disciples, saisie de joie, se mit à louer Dieu à haute voix pour tous les miracles qu'ils avaient vus.
37. Et comme il approchait déjà, à la descente de la montagne des Oliviers, toute la multitude des disciples, se réjouissant, se mit à louer Dieu à haute voix pour tous les miracles qu'ils avaient vus,
37. Et lorsqu'il fut proche de la descente de la montagne des oliviers, toute la multitude des Disciples se réjouissant, se mit à louer Dieu à haute voix, pour tous les miracles qu'ils avaient vus;
37. Et comme il approchait de la descente de la montagne des Oliviers, toute la multitude des disciples, transportée de joie, se mit à louer Dieu à haute voix pour tous les miracles qu'ils avaient vus.
Versions with Strong CodesLuke 19 / KJV_Strong
37. And[G1161] when he[G846] was come nigh,[G1448] even now[G2235] at[G4314] the[G3588] descent[G2600] of the[G3588] mount[G3735] of Olives,[G1636] the[G3588] whole[G537] multitude[G4128] of the[G3588] disciples[G3101] began[G756] to rejoice[G5463] and praise[G134] God[G2316] with a loud[G3173] voice[G5456] for[G4012] all[G3956] the mighty works[G1411] that[G3739] they had seen;[G1492]
Strong Code definitions
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G4314 pros/pros a strengthened form of G4253; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. toward (with the genitive case, the side of, i.e. pertaining to; with the dative case, by the side of, i.e. near to; usually with the accusative case, the place, time, occasion, or respect, which is the destination of the relation, i.e. whither or for which it is predicated):-about, according to , against, among, at, because of, before, between, (where-)by, for, X at thy house, in, for intent, nigh unto, of, which pertain to, that, to (the end that), X together, to (you) -ward, unto, with(-in). In the comparative case, it denotes essentially the same applications, namely, motion towards, accession to, or nearness at. see G4253
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G1636 elaia/el-ah'-yah feminine of a presumed derivative from an obsolete primary; an olive (the tree or the fruit):--olive (berry, tree).
G5463 chairo/khah'-ee-ro a primary verb; to be "cheer"ful, i.e. calmly happy or well-off; impersonally, especially as salutation (on meeting or parting), be well:--farewell, be glad, God speed, greeting, hall, joy(- fully), rejoice.
G2316 theos/theh'-os of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward). see G3588
G3173 megas/meg'-as (including the prolonged forms, feminine megale, plural megaloi, etc.; compare also 3176, 3187); big (literally or figuratively, in a very wide application):--(+ fear) exceedingly, great(-est), high, large, loud, mighty, + (be) sore (afraid), strong, X to years. see G3176 see G3187
G5456 phone/fo-nay' probably akin to G5316 through the idea of disclosure; a tone (articulate, bestial or artificial); by implication, an address (for any purpose), saying or language:--noise, sound, voice. see G5316
G4012 peri/per-ee' from the base of G4008; properly, through (all over), i.e. around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time (with the genitive case denoting the subject or occasion or superlative point; with the accusative case the locality, circuit, matter, circumstance or general period):--(there-)about, above, against, at, on behalf of, X and his company, which concern, (as) concerning, for, X how it will go with, ((there-, where-)) of, on, over, pertaining (to), for sake, X (e-)state, (as) touching, (where-)by (in), with. In comparative, it retains substantially the same meaning of circuit (around), excess (beyond), or completeness (through). see G4008
G3956 pas/pas including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole:--all (manner of, means), alway(s), any (one), X daily, + ever, every (one, way), as many as, + no(-thing), X thoroughly, whatsoever, whole, whosoever.
G1411 dunamis/doo'-nam-is from G1410; force (literally or figuratively); specially, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself):-ability, abundance, meaning, might(-ily, -y, -y deed), (worker of) miracle(-s), power, strength, violence, mighty (wonderful) work. see G1410
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G1492 eido/i'-do a primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent 3700 and 3708; properly, to see (literally or figuratively); by implication, (in the perfect tense only) to know:--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) know(-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wish, wot. Compare 3700. see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700 see G3708 see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésLes Paraboles #5: Que nos assurances, ne deviennent pas de l’auto-suffisance! – Luc 8:9-14
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Luke 19Parables #6: My neighbor is near to me – Luke 10:25-37
Parables #5: Let our assurances not become self-sufficient! – Luke 19
Parables #4: A Gold Coin to Seize – Luke 19
see also: Bible Key Verses