Gospel of Matthew 8:6 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
6. And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
6. and saying, Lord, my servant lieth in the house sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
6. Saying, Lord, my servant is ill in bed at the house, with no power in his body, and in great pain.
6. and saying, Lord, my servant lies paralytic in the house, suffering grievously.
6. And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick with the palsy, grievously tormented.
6. and saying, `Sir, my young man hath been laid in the house a paralytic, fearfully afflicted,'
German Bible Translations
6. und sprach: HERR, mein Knecht liegt zu Hause und ist gichtbrüchig und hat große Qual.
6. und sprach: Herr, mein Knecht liegt daheim gelähmt darnieder und ist furchtbar geplagt!
French Bible Translations
6. en disant: «Seigneur, mon serviteur est couché à la maison, atteint de paralysie, et il souffre beaucoup.»
6. le priant et disant: Seigneur, mon serviteur est couché à la maison, atteint de paralysie et souffrant beaucoup.
6. et disant: Seigneur, mon serviteur est couché à la maison, atteint de paralysie et souffrant beaucoup.
6. et disant: Seigneur, mon serviteur est couché à la maison, atteint de paralysie, horriblement tourmenté.
6. Et disant : Seigneur, mon serviteur est paralytique dans ma maison, et il souffre extrêmement.
6. Seigneur! mon serviteur est au lit dans la maison, malade de paralysie, et fort tourmenté.
Versions with Strong CodesMatthew 8 / KJV_Strong
6. And[G2532] saying,[G3004] Lord,[G2962] my[G3450] servant[G3816] lieth[G906] at[G1722] home[G3614] sick of the palsy,[G3885] grievously[G1171] tormented.[G928]
Strong Code definitions
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
G2962 kurios/koo'-ree-os from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.
G3816 pais/paheece perhaps from G3817; a boy (as often beaten with impunity), or (by analogy), a girl, and (genitive case) a child; specially, a slave or servant (especially a minister to a king; and by eminence to God):--child, maid(-en), (man) servant, son, young man. see G3817
G906 ballo/bal'-lo a primary verb; to throw (in various applications, more or less violent or intense):--arise, cast (out), X dung, lay, lie, pour, put (up), send, strike, throw (down), thrust. Compare 4496. see G4496
G1722 en/en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:-about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition. see G1519 see G1537
G3614 oikia/oy-kee'-ah from G3624; properly, residence (abstractly), but usually (concretely) an abode (literally or figuratively); by implication, a family (especially domestics):--home, house(-hold). see G3624
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Matthew 8
see also: Bible Key Verses