Gospel of Matthew 8:18 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
18. Now when Jesus saw great multitudes about him, he gave commandment to depart unto the other side.
18. Now when Jesus saw great multitudes about him, he gave commandments to depart unto the other side.
18. Now when Jesus saw a great mass of people about him, he gave an order to go to the other side.
18. And Jesus, seeing great crowds around him, commanded to depart to the other side.
18. Now when Jesus saw great multitudes about him, he gave commandment to depart to the other side.
18. And Jesus having seen great multitudes about him, did command to depart to the other side;
German Bible Translations
18. Und da Jesus viel Volks um sich sah, hieß er hinüber jenseit des Meeres fahren.
18. ALS aber Jesus die Volksmenge um sich sah, befahl er, ans jenseitige Ufer zu fahren.
French Bible Translations
18. Voyant une grande foule autour de lui, Jésus donna l'ordre de passer de l'autre côté du lac.
18. Jésus, voyant une grande foule autour de lui, donna l’ordre de passer sur l’autre bord.
18. Jésus, voyant une grande foule autour de lui, donna l'ordre de passer à l'autre bord.
18. Or Jésus, voyant de grandes foules autour de lui, commanda de passer à l'autre rive.
18. Or Jésus voyant autour de lui de grandes troupes, commanda de passer à l'autre rivage.
18. Or, Jésus, voyant une grande foule de peuple autour de lui, ordonna qu'on passât à l'autre bord du lac.
Versions with Strong CodesMatthew 8 / KJV_Strong
18. Now[G1161] when Jesus[G2424] saw[G1492] great[G4183] multitudes[G3793] about[G4012] him,[G846] he gave commandment[G2753] to depart[G565] unto[G1519] the[G3588] other side.[G4008]
Strong Code definitions
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G2424 Iesous/ee-ay-sooce' of Hebrew origin (3091); Jesus (i.e. Jehoshua), the name of our Lord and two (three) other Israelites:--Jesus. see H3091
G1492 eido/i'-do a primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent 3700 and 3708; properly, to see (literally or figuratively); by implication, (in the perfect tense only) to know:--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) know(-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wish, wot. Compare 3700. see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700 see G3708 see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700
G4183 polus/pol-oos' including the forms from the alternate pollos; (singular) much (in any respect) or (plural) many; neuter (singular) as adverbial, largely; neuter (plural) as adverb or noun often, mostly, largely:--abundant, + altogether, common, + far (passed, spent), (+ be of a) great (age, deal, -ly, while), long, many, much, oft(-en (-times)), plenteous, sore, straitly. Compare 4118, 4119. see G4118 see G4119
G3793 ochlos/okh'los from a derivative of G2192 (meaning a vehicle); a throng (as borne along); by implication, the rabble; by extension, a class of people; figuratively, a riot:--company, multitude, number (of people), people, press. see G2192
G4012 peri/per-ee' from the base of G4008; properly, through (all over), i.e. around; figuratively with respect to; used in various applications, of place, cause or time (with the genitive case denoting the subject or occasion or superlative point; with the accusative case the locality, circuit, matter, circumstance or general period):--(there-)about, above, against, at, on behalf of, X and his company, which concern, (as) concerning, for, X how it will go with, ((there-, where-)) of, on, over, pertaining (to), for sake, X (e-)state, (as) touching, (where-)by (in), with. In comparative, it retains substantially the same meaning of circuit (around), excess (beyond), or completeness (through). see G4008
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G2753 keleuo/kel-yoo'-o from a primary kello (to urge on); "hail"; to incite by word, i.e. order:-bid, (at, give) command(-ment).
G565 aperchomai/ap-erkh'-om-ahee from G575 and 2064; to go off (i.e. depart), aside (i.e. apart) or behind (i.e. follow), literally or figuratively:--come, depart, go (aside, away, back, out, ... ways), pass away, be past. see G575 see G2064
G1519 eis/ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G4008 peran/per'-an apparently accusative case of an obsolete derivative of peiro (to "pierce"); through (as adverb or preposition), i.e. across:-beyond, farther (other) side, over.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Matthew 8
see also: Bible Key Verses