Gospel of Matthew 8:2 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
2. And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
2. And behold, there came to him a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
2. And a leper came and gave him worship, saying, Lord, if it is your pleasure, you have power to make me clean.
2. And behold, a leper came up to [him] and did him homage, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou art able to cleanse me.
2. And behold, there came a leper and worshiped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
2. and lo, a leper having come, was bowing to him, saying, `Sir, if thou art willing, thou art able to cleanse me;'
German Bible Translations
2. Und siehe, ein Aussätziger kam und betete ihn an und sprach: HERR, so du willst, kannst du mich wohl reinigen.
2. Und siehe, ein Aussätziger kam, fiel vor ihm nieder und sprach: Herr, wenn du willst, kannst du mich reinigen.
French Bible Translations
2. Alors un lépreux s'approcha, se prosterna devant lui et dit: «Seigneur, si tu le veux, tu peux me rendre pur.»
2. Et voici, un lépreux s’étant approché se prosterna devant lui, et dit: Seigneur, si tu le veux, tu peux me rendre pur.
2. Et voici, un lépreux s'étant approché se prosterna devant lui, et dit: Seigneur, si tu le veux, tu peux me rendre pur.
2. Et voici, un lépreux s'approchant, se prosterna devant lui, disant: Seigneur, si tu veux, tu peux me rendre net.
2. Et voici, un lépreux vint et se prosterna devant lui, en lui disant : Seigneur, si tu veux, tu peux me rendre net.
2. Et voici, un lépreux vint se prosterner devant lui, et lui dit: Seigneur, si tu le veux, tu peux me nettoyer.
Versions with Strong CodesMatthew 8 / KJV_Strong
2. And,[G2532] behold,[G2400] there came[G2064] a leper[G3015] and worshiped[G4352] him,[G846] saying,[G3004] Lord,[G2962] if[G1437] thou wilt,[G2309] thou canst[G1410] make me clean.[G2511] [G3165]
Strong Code definitions
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G2064 erchomai/er'-khom-ahee middle voice of a primary verb (used only in the present and imperfect tenses, the others being supplied by a kindred (middle voice) eleuthomai el-yoo'-thomahee, or (active) eltho el'-tho, which do not otherwise occur) to come or go (in a great variety of applications, literally and figuratively):-- accompany, appear, bring, come, enter, fall out, go, grow, X light, X next, pass, resort, be set.
G4352 proskuneo/pros-koo-neh'-o from G4314 and a probable derivative of G2965 (meaning to kiss, like a dog licking his master's hand); to fawn or crouch to, i.e. (literally or figuratively) prostrate oneself in homage (do reverence to, adore):-worship. see G4314 see G2965
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
G2962 kurios/koo'-ree-os from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as noun) controller; by implication, Master (as a respectful title):-- God, Lord, master, Sir.
G1437 ean/eh-an' from G1487 and 302; a conditional particle; in case that, provided, etc.; often used in connection with other particles to denote indefiniteness or uncertainty:--before, but, except, (and) if, (if) so, (what-, whither-)soever, though, when (-soever), whether (or), to whom, (who-)so(-ever). See 3361. see G1487 see G302 see G3361
G2309 thelo/thel'-o theleo thel-eh'-o, and etheleo eth-el-eh'-o, which are otherwise obsolete apparently strengthened from the alternate form of G138; to determine (as an active option from subjective impulse; whereas G1014 properly denotes rather a passive acquiescence in objective considerations), i.e. choose or prefer (literally or figuratively); by implication, to wish, i.e. be inclined to (sometimes adverbially, gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism, to delight in:--desire, be disposed (forward), intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) will (have, -ling, - ling(-ly)). see G138 see G1014
G1410 dunamai/doo'-nam-ahee of uncertain affinity; to be able or possible:--be able, can (do, + not), could, may, might, be possible, be of power.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Matthew 8
see also: Bible Key Verses