Gospel of Mark 1:4 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
4. John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
4. John came, who baptized in the wilderness and preached the baptism of repentance unto remission of sins.
4. John came, and gave baptism in the waste land, preaching baptism as a sign of forgiveness of sin for those whose hearts were changed.
4. There came John baptising in the wilderness, and preaching [the] baptism of repentance for remission of sins.
4. John was baptizing in the wilderness, and preaching the baptism of repentance, for the remission of sins.
4. John came baptizing in the wilderness, and proclaiming a baptism of reformation -- to remission of sins,
German Bible Translations
4. Johannes, der war in der Wüste, taufte und predigte von der Taufe der Buße zur Vergebung der Sünden.
4. So begann Johannes in der Wüste, taufte und predigte eine Taufe der Buße zur Vergebung der Sünden.
French Bible Translations
4. Jean parut; il baptisait dans le désert et prêchait le baptême de repentance pour le pardon des péchés.
4. Jean parut, baptisant dans le désert, et prêchant le baptême de repentance, pour le pardon des péchés.
4. Jean parut, baptisant dans le désert, et prêchant le baptême de repentance, pour la rémission des péchés.
4. Jean vint, baptisant dans le désert, et prêchant le baptême de repentance en rémission de péchés.
4. Jean baptisait dans le désert, et prêchait le Baptême de repentance, pour obtenir la rémission des péchés.
4. Jean baptisait dans le désert, et prêchait le baptême de repentance, pour la rémission des péchés.
Versions with Strong CodesMark 1 / KJV_Strong
4. John[G2491] did[G1096] baptize[G907] in[G1722] the[G3588] wilderness,[G2048] and[G2532] preach[G2784] the baptism[G908] of repentance[G3341] for[G1519] the remission[G859] of sins.[G266]
Strong Code definitions
G2491 Ioannes/ee-o-an'-nace of Hebrew origin (3110); Joannes (i.e. Jochanan), the name of four Israelites:--John. see H3110
G1096 ginomai/ghin'-om-ahee a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen"-erate), i.e. (reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):--arise, be assembled, be(-come, -fall, -have self), be brought (to pass), (be) come (to pass), continue, be divided, draw, be ended, fall, be finished, follow, be found, be fulfilled, + God forbid, grow, happen, have, be kept, be made, be married, be ordained to be, partake, pass, be performed, be published, require, seem, be showed, X soon as it was, sound, be taken, be turned, use, wax, will, would, be wrought.
G907 baptizo/bap-tid'-zo from a derivative of G911; to immerse, submerge; to make whelmed (i.e. fully wet); used only (in the New Testament) of ceremonial ablution, especially (technically) of the ordinance of Christian baptism:--Baptist, baptize, wash. see G911
G1722 en/en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:-about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition. see G1519 see G1537
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G2048 eremos/er'-ay-mos of uncertain affinity; lonesome, i.e. (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, 5561 being implied):--desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness. see G5561
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G2784 kerusso/kay-roos'-so of uncertain affinity; to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel):--preacher(-er), proclaim, publish.
G1519 eis/ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Mark 1
see also: Bible Key Verses