Gospel of Mark 1:2 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
2. As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
2. Even as it is written in Isaiah the prophet, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, Who shall prepare thy way.
2. Even as it is said in the book of Isaiah the prophet, See, I send my servant before your face, who will make ready your way;
2. as it is written in [Isaiah] the prophet, Behold, *I* send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way.
2. As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way before thee;
2. As it hath been written in the prophets, `Lo, I send My messenger before thy face, who shall prepare thy way before thee,' --
German Bible Translations
2. wie geschrieben steht in den Propheten: "Siehe, ich sende meinen Engel vor dir her, der da bereite deinen Weg vor dir."
2. Wie geschrieben steht in Jesaja, dem Propheten: «Siehe, ich sende meinen Boten vor deinem Angesicht her, der deinen Weg bereiten wird.
French Bible Translations
2. conformément à ce qui est écrit dans les prophètes: Voici, j'envoie mon messager devant toi pour te préparer le chemin.
2. Selon ce qui est écrit dans Esaïe, le prophète:Voici, j’envoie devant toi mon messager,Qui préparera ton chemin;
2. Selon ce qui est écrit dans Esaïe, le prophète: Voici, j'envoie devant toi mon messager, Qui préparera ton chemin;
2. comme il est écrit dans Ésaïe le prophète: "Voici, moi j'envoie mon messager devant ta face, lequel préparera ton chemin".
2. Selon qu'il est écrit dans les Prophètes : voici, j'envoie mon messager devant ta face, lequel préparera ta voie devant toi.
2. Conformément à ce qui avait été écrit dans les prophètes: Voici, j'envoie mon messager devant ta face, qui préparera le chemin devant toi:
Versions with Strong CodesMark 1 / KJV_Strong
2. As[G5613] it is written[G1125] in[G1722] the[G3588] prophets,[G4396]
Strong Code definitions
G5613 hos/hoce probably adverb of comparative from G3739; which how, i.e. in that manner (very variously used, as follows):--about, after (that), (according) as (it had been, it were), as soon (as), even as (like), for, how (greatly), like (as, unto), since, so (that), that, to wit, unto, when(soever), while, X with all speed. see G3739
G1125 grapho/graf'-o a primary verb; to "grave", especially to write; figuratively, to describe:--describe, write(-ing, -ten).
G1722 en/en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:-about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition. see G1519 see G1537
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G1473 ego/eg-o' a primary pronoun of the first person I (only expressed when emphatic):--I, me. For the other cases and the plural see 1691, 1698, 1700, 2248, 2249, 2254, 2257, etc. see G1691 see G1698 see G1700 see G2248 see G2249 see G2254 see G2257
G649 apostello/ap-os-tel'-lo from G575 and 4724; set apart, i.e. (by implication) to send out (properly, on a mission) literally or figuratively:-put in, send (away, forth, out), set (at liberty). see G575 see G4724
G4253 pro/pro a primary preposition; "fore", i.e. in front of, prior (figuratively, superior) to:-above, ago, before, or ever. In the comparative, it retains the same significations.
G4383 prosopon/pros'-o-pon from G4314 and ops (the visage, from G3700); the front (as being towards view), i.e. the countenance, aspect, appearance, surface; by implication, presence, person:--(outward) appearance, X before, countenance, face, fashion, (men's) person, presence. see G4314 see G3700
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G2680 kataskeuazo/kat-ask-yoo-ad'-zo from G2596 and a derivative of G4632; to prepare thoroughly (properly, by external equipment; whereas G2090 refers rather to internal fitness); by implication, to construct, create:--build, make, ordain, prepare. see G2596 see G4632 see G2090
G3598 hodos/hod-os' apparently a primary word; a road; by implication, a progress (the route, act or distance); figuratively, a mode or means:-journey, (high-)way.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Mark 1
see also: Bible Key Verses