Gospel of Luke 5:6 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
6. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
6. And when they had done this, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes; and their nets were breaking;
6. And when they had done this, they got such a great number of fish that it seemed as if their nets would be broken;
6. And having done this, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes. And their net broke.
6. And when they had done this, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net broke.
6. And having done this, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes, and their net was breaking,
German Bible Translations
6. Und da sie das taten, beschlossen sie eine große Menge Fische, und ihr Netz zerriß.
6. Und als sie das getan, fingen sie eine große Menge Fische; aber ihr Netz zerriß.
French Bible Translations
6. Ils les jetèrent et prirent une grande quantité de poissons, et leurs filets se déchiraient.
6. L’ayant jeté, ils prirent une grande quantité de poissons, et leur filet se rompait.
6. L'ayant jeté, ils prirent une grande quantité de poissons, et leur filet se rompait.
6. Et ayant fait cela, ils enfermèrent une grande quantité de poissons, et leur filet se rompait.
6. Ce qu'ayant fait, ils enfermèrent une si grande quantité de poissons, que leurs filets se rompaient.
Versions with Strong CodesLuke 5 / KJV_Strong
6. And[G2532] when they had this[G5124] done,[G4160] they enclosed[G4788] a great[G4183] multitude[G4128] of fishes:[G2486] and[G1161] their[G846] net[G1350] broke.[G1284]
Strong Code definitions
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G5124 touto/too'-to neuter singular nominative or accusative case of G3778; that thing:-here (-unto), it, partly, self(-same), so, that (intent), the same, there(-fore, -unto), this, thus, where(fore). see G3778
G4160 poieo/poy-eh'-o apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct):--abide, + agree, appoint, X avenge, + band together, be, bear, + bewray, bring (forth), cast out, cause, commit, + content, continue, deal, + without any delay, (would) do(-ing), execute, exercise, fulfil, gain, give, have, hold, X journeying, keep, + lay wait, + lighten the ship, make, X mean, + none of these things move me, observe, ordain, perform, provide, + have purged, purpose, put, + raising up, X secure, shew, X shoot out, spend, take, tarry, + transgress the law, work, yield. Compare 4238. see G4238
G4183 polus/pol-oos' including the forms from the alternate pollos; (singular) much (in any respect) or (plural) many; neuter (singular) as adverbial, largely; neuter (plural) as adverb or noun often, mostly, largely:--abundant, + altogether, common, + far (passed, spent), (+ be of a) great (age, deal, -ly, while), long, many, much, oft(-en (-times)), plenteous, sore, straitly. Compare 4118, 4119. see G4118 see G4119
G2486 ichthus/ikh-thoos' of uncertain affinity; a fish:--fish.
G1161 de/deh a primary particle (adversative or continuative); but, and, etc.:--also, and, but, moreover, now (often unexpressed in English).
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G1350 diktuon/dik'-too-on probably from a primary verb diko (to cast); a seine (for fishing):-net.
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésLuke 5:12-26 Jésus purifie et pardonne
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Luke 5
see also: Bible Key Verses