Gospel of Luke 5:11 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
11. And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.
11. And when they had brought their boats to land, they left all, and followed him.
11. And when they had got their boats to the land, they gave up everything and went after him.
11. And when they had brought their boats to land, they forsook all, and followed him.
11. and they, having brought the boats upon the land, having left all, did follow him.
German Bible Translations
11. Und sie führten die Schiffe zu Lande und verließen alles und folgten ihm nach.
11. Und sie brachten die Schiffe ans Land, verließen alles und folgten ihm nach.
French Bible Translations
11. Et quand ils eurent amené les nacelles à terre, ils quittèrent tout, et le suivirent.
11. Et ayant ramené leurs barques à bord, ils abandonnèrent tout et le suivirent.
Versions with Strong CodesLuke 5 / KJV_Strong
11. And[G2532] when they had brought[G2609] their ships[G4143] to[G1909] land,[G1093] they forsook[G863] all,[G537] and followed[G190] him.[G846]
Strong Code definitions
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
G1093 ge/ghay contracted from a primary word; soil; by extension a region, or the solid part or the whole of the terrene globe (including the occupants in each application):--country, earth(-ly), ground, land, world.
G863 aphiemi/af-ee'-ay-mee from G575 and hiemi (to send; an intensive form of eimi, to go); to send forth, in various applications (as follow):--cry, forgive, forsake, lay aside, leave, let (alone, be, go, have), omit, put (send) away, remit, suffer, yield up. see G575
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésLuke 5:12-26 Jésus purifie et pardonne
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Luke 5
see also: Bible Key Verses