Gospel of Luke 5:25 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
25. And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.
25. And immediately he rose up before them, and took up that whereon he lay, and departed to his house, glorifying God.
25. And straight away he got up before them, and took up his bed and went away to his house giving praise to God.
25. And immediately standing up before them, having taken up that whereon he was laid, he departed to his house, glorifying God.
25. And immediately he arose before them, and took up that on which he lay, and departed to his own house, glorifying God.
25. And presently having risen before them, having taken up [that] on which he was lying, he went away to his house, glorifying God,
German Bible Translations
25. Und alsbald stand er auf vor ihren Augen und hob das Bettlein auf, darauf er gelegen hatte, und ging heim und pries Gott.
25. Und alsbald stand er auf vor ihren Augen, nahm das Bett, darauf er gelegen hatte, ging heim und pries Gott.
French Bible Translations
25. Celui-ci se leva immédiatement en leur présence, prit la civière sur laquelle il était couché et rentra chez lui en rendant gloire à Dieu.
25. Et, à l’instant, il se leva en leur présence, prit le lit sur lequel il était couché, et s’en alla dans sa maison, glorifiant Dieu.
25. Et, à l'instant, il se leva en leur présence, prit le lit sur lequel il était couché, et s'en alla dans sa maison, glorifiant Dieu.
25. Et à l'instant, s'étant levé devant eux, il prit le lit sur lequel il était couché, et s'en alla dans sa maison, glorifiant Dieu.
25. Et à l'instant [le paralytique] s'étant levé devant eux, chargea le lit où il était couché, et s'en alla en sa maison, glorifiant Dieu.
25. Et à l'instant il se leva en leur présence; il emporta le lit sur lequel il avait été couché, et s'en alla dans sa maison, donnant gloire à Dieu.
Versions with Strong CodesLuke 5 / KJV_Strong
25. And[G2532] immediately[G3916] he rose up[G450] before[G1799] them,[G846] and took up[G142] that whereon[G1909] [G3739] he lay,[G2621] and departed[G565] to[G1519] his own[G848] house,[G3624] glorifying[G1392] God.[G2316]
Strong Code definitions
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G846 autos/ow-tos' from the particle au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind) (backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the comparative 1438) of the third person , and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons:--her, it(-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, (self-), the) same, ((him-, my-, thy- )self, (your-)selves, she, that, their(-s), them(-selves), there(-at, - by, -in, -into, of, -on, -with), they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare 848. see G109 see G1438 see G848
G142 airo/ah'-ee-ro a primary root; to lift up; by implication, to take up or away; figuratively, to raise (the voice), keep in suspense (the mind), specially, to sail away (i.e. weigh anchor); by Hebraism (compare 5375) to expiate sin:--away with, bear (up), carry, lift up, loose, make to doubt, put away, remove, take (away, up). see H5375
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G565 aperchomai/ap-erkh'-om-ahee from G575 and 2064; to go off (i.e. depart), aside (i.e. apart) or behind (i.e. follow), literally or figuratively:--come, depart, go (aside, away, back, out, ... ways), pass away, be past. see G575 see G2064
G1519 eis/ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).
G3624 oikos/oy'-kos of uncertain affinity; a dwelling (more or less extensive, literal or figurative); by implication, a family (more or less related, literally or figuratively):--home, house(hold), temple.
G2316 theos/theh'-os of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward). see G3588
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysésLuke 5:12-26 Jésus purifie et pardonne
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Gospel of Luke 5
see also: Bible Key Verses