Philemon 1:21 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
21. Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote unto thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.
21. Having confidence in thine obedience I write unto thee, knowing that thou wilt do even beyond what I say.
21. Being certain that you will do my desire, I am writing to you, in the knowledge that you will do even more than I say.
21. Being confident of thine obedience, I have written to thee, knowing that thou wilt do even more than I say.
21. Having confidence in thy obedience I wrote to thee, knowing that thou wilt also do more than I say.
21. having been confident in thy obedience I did write to thee, having known that also above what I may say thou wilt do;
German Bible Translations
21. Ich habe aus Zuversicht deines Gehorsams dir geschrieben; und ich weiß, du wirst mehr tun, denn ich sage.
21. Im Vertrauen auf deinen Gehorsam schreibe ich dir, weil ich weiß, daß du noch mehr tun wirst, als ich dir sage.
French Bible Translations
21. C'est en comptant sur ton obéissance que je t'ai écrit, sachant que tu feras même plus que je ne demande.
21. C’est en comptant sur ton obéissance que je t’écris, sachant que tu feras même au-delà de ce que je dis.
21. C'est en comptant sur ton obéissance que je t'écris, sachant que tu feras même au delà de ce que je dis.
21. Ayant de la confiance dans ton obéissance, je t'ai écrit, sachant que tu feras même plus que je ne dis.
21. Je t'ai écrit m'assurant de ton obéissance, et sachant que tu feras même plus que je ne te dis.
21. Je t'écris, persuadé de ton obéissance, sachant que tu feras même plus que je ne dis.
Versions with Strong CodesPhilemon 1 / KJV_Strong
21. Having confidence[G3982] in thy[G4675] obedience[G5218] I wrote[G1125] unto thee,[G4671] knowing[G1492] that[G3754] thou wilt also[G2532] do[G4160] more than[G5228] [G3739] I say.[G3004]
Strong Code definitions
G3982 peitho/pi'-tho a primary verb; to convince (by argument, true or false); by analogy, to pacify or conciliate (by other fair means); reflexively or passively, to assent (to evidence or authority), to rely (by inward certainty):--agree, assure, believe, have confidence, be (wax) conflent, make friend, obey, persuade, trust, yield.
G1125 grapho/graf'-o a primary verb; to "grave", especially to write; figuratively, to describe:--describe, write(-ing, -ten).
G1492 eido/i'-do a primary verb; used only in certain past tenses, the others being borrowed from the equivalent 3700 and 3708; properly, to see (literally or figuratively); by implication, (in the perfect tense only) to know:--be aware, behold, X can (+ not tell), consider, (have) know(-ledge), look (on), perceive, see, be sure, tell, understand, wish, wot. Compare 3700. see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700 see G3708 see G3700&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G3700
G3754 hoti/hot'-ee neuter of G3748 as conjunction; demonstrative, that (sometimes redundant); causative, because:--as concerning that, as though, because (that), for (that), how (that), (in) that, though, why. see G3748
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G4160 poieo/poy-eh'-o apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do (in a very wide application, more or less direct):--abide, + agree, appoint, X avenge, + band together, be, bear, + bewray, bring (forth), cast out, cause, commit, + content, continue, deal, + without any delay, (would) do(-ing), execute, exercise, fulfil, gain, give, have, hold, X journeying, keep, + lay wait, + lighten the ship, make, X mean, + none of these things move me, observe, ordain, perform, provide, + have purged, purpose, put, + raising up, X secure, shew, X shoot out, spend, take, tarry, + transgress the law, work, yield. Compare 4238. see G4238
G5228 huper/hoop-er' a primary preposition; "over", i.e. (with the genitive case) of place, above, beyond, across, or causal, for the sake of, instead, regarding; with the accusative case superior to, more than:--(+ exceeding, abundantly) above, in (on) behalf of, beyond, by, + very chiefest, concerning, exceeding (above, -ly), for, + very highly, more (than), of, over, on the part of, for sake of, in stead, than, to(-ward), very. In the comparative, it retains many of the above applications.
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G3004 lego/leg'-o a primary verb; properly, to "lay" forth, i.e. (figuratively) relate (in words (usually of systematic or set discourse; whereas G2036 and 5346 generally refer to an individual expression or speech respectively; while 4483 is properly to break silence merely, and 2980 means an extended or random harangue)); by implication, to mean:--ask, bid, boast, call, describe, give out, name, put forth, say(-ing, on), shew, speak, tell, utter. see G2036 see G5346 see G4483 see G2980
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Philemon 1
see also: Bible Key Verses