ASV Bible : Philemon 1
1. Paul, a prisoner of Christ Jesus, and Timothy our brother, to Philemon our beloved and fellow-worker,
2. and to Apphia our sister, and to Archippus our fellow-soldier, and to the church in thy house:
3. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. I thank my God always, making mention of thee in my prayers,
5. hearing of thy love, and of the faith which thou hast toward the Lord Jesus, and toward all the saints;
6. that the fellowship of thy faith may become effectual, in the knowledge of every good thing which is in you, unto Christ.
7. For I had much joy and comfort in thy love, because the hearts of the saints have been refreshed through thee, brother.
8. Wherefore, though I have all boldness in Christ to enjoin thee that which is befitting,
9. yet for love's sake I rather beseech, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now a prisoner also of Christ Jesus:
10. I beseech thee for my child, whom I have begotten in my bonds, Onesimus,
11. who once was unprofitable to thee, but now is profitable to thee and to me:
12. whom I have sent back to thee in his own person, that is, my very heart:
13. whom I would fain have kept with me, that in thy behalf he might minister unto me in the bonds of the gospel:
14. but without thy mind I would do nothing; that thy goodness should not be as of necessity, but of free will.
15. For perhaps he was therefore parted [from thee] for a season, that thou shouldest have him for ever;
16. no longer as a servant, but more than a servant, a brother beloved, specially to me, but how much rather to thee, both in the flesh and in the Lord.
17. If then thou countest me a partner, receive him as myself.
18. But if he hath wronged the at all, or oweth [thee] aught, put that to mine account;
19. I Paul write it with mine own hand, I will repay it: that I say not unto thee that thou owest to me even thine own self besides.
20. Yea, brother, let me have joy of thee in the Lord: refresh my heart in Christ.
21. Having confidence in thine obedience I write unto thee, knowing that thou wilt do even beyond what I say.
22. But withal prepare me also a lodging: for I hope that through your prayers I shall be granted unto you.
23. Epaphras, my fellow-prisoner in Christ Jesus, saluteth thee;
24. [and so do] Mark, Aristarchus, Demas, Luke, my fellow-workers.
25. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.