Romans 6:21 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
21. What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
21. What fruit then had ye at that time in the things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
21. What fruit had you at that time in the things which are now a shame to you? for the end of such things is death.
21. What fruit therefore had ye *then* in the things of which ye are *now* ashamed? for the end of *them* [is] death.
21. What fruit had ye then in those things of which ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
21. what fruit, therefore, were ye having then, in the things of which ye are now ashamed? for the end of those [is] death.
German Bible Translations
21. Was hattet ihr nun zu der Zeit für Frucht? Welcher ihr euch jetzt schämet; denn ihr Ende ist der Tod.
21. Was hattet ihr nun damals für Frucht? Solche, deren ihr euch jetzt schämet; denn das Ende derselben ist der Tod.
French Bible Translations
21. Quels fruits portiez-vous alors? Des fruits dont vous avez honte aujourd'hui, car leur fin, c'est la mort.
21. Quels fruits portiez-vous alors? Des fruits dont vous rougissez aujourd’hui. Car la fin de ces choses, c’est la mort.
21. Quels fruits portiez-vous alors? Des fruits dont vous rougissez aujourd'hui. Car la fin de ces choses, c'est la mort.
21. Quel fruit donc aviez-vous alors des choses dont maintenant vous avez honte? car la fin de ces choses est la mort.
21. Quel fruit donc aviez-vous alors des choses dont maintenant vous avez honte? certes leur fin est la mort.
21. Quel fruit retiriez-vous donc alors des choses dont vous avez honte présentement? Car leur fin est la mort.
Versions with Strong CodesRomans 6 / KJV_Strong
21. What[G5101] fruit[G2590] [G3767] had[G2192] ye then[G5119] in[G1909] those things whereof[G3739] ye are now ashamed?[G1870] [G3568] for[G1063] the[G3588] end[G5056] of those things[G1565] is death.[G2288]
Strong Code definitions
G5101 tis/tis probably emphatic of G5100; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what (in direct or indirect questions):--every man, how (much), + no(-ne, thing), what (manner, thing), where (-by, -fore, -of, -unto, - with, -withal), whether, which, who(-m, -se), why. see G5100
G3767 oun/oon apparently a primary word; (adverbially) certainly, or (conjunctionally) accordingly:--and (so, truly), but, now (then), so (likewise then), then, therefore, verily, wherefore.
G2192 echo/ekh'o,/including/an/alternate/form a primary verb; to hold (used in very various applications, literally or figuratively, direct or remote; such as possession; ability, contiuity, relation, or condition):--be (able, X hold, possessed with), accompany, + begin to amend, can(+ -not), X conceive, count, diseased, do + eat, + enjoy, + fear, following, have, hold, keep, + lack, + go to law, lie, + must needs, + of necessity, + need, next, + recover, + reign, + rest, + return, X sick, take for, + tremble, + uncircumcised, use.
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G3568 nun/noon a primary particle of present time; "now" (as adverb of date, a transition or emphasis); also as noun or adjective present or immediate:--henceforth, + hereafter, of late, soon, present, this (time). See also 3569, 3570. see G3569 see G3570
G1063 gar/gar a primary particle; properly, assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles):--and, as, because (that), but, even, for, indeed, no doubt, seeing, then, therefore, verily, what, why, yet.
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G5056 telos/tel'-os from a primary tello (to set out for a definite point or goal); properly, the point aimed at as a limit, i.e. (by implication) the conclusion of an act or state (termination (literally, figuratively or indefinitely), result (immediate, ultimate or prophetic), purpose); specially, an impost or levy (as paid):--+ continual, custom, end(ing), finally, uttermost. Compare 5411. see G5411
G1565 ekeinos/ek-i'-nos from G1563; that one (or (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed:--he, it, the other (same), selfsame, that (same, very), X their, X them, they, this, those. See also 3778. see G1563 see G3778
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Romans 6
see also: Bible Key Verses