Romans 10:1 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
1. Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
1. Brethren, my heart's desire and my supplication to God is for them, that they may be saved.
1. Brothers, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is, that they may get salvation.
1. Brethren, the delight of my own heart and my supplication which [I address] to God for them is for salvation.
1. Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they may be saved.
1. Brethren, the pleasure indeed of my heart, and my supplication that [is] to God for Israel, is -- for salvation;
German Bible Translations
1. Liebe Brüder, meines Herzens Wunsch ist, und ich flehe auch zu Gott für Israel, daß sie selig werden.
1. Brüder, meines Herzens Wunsch und mein Flehen zu Gott für Israel ist auf ihr Heil gerichtet.
French Bible Translations
1. Frères et soeurs, le voeu de mon coeur et ma prière à Dieu pour les Israélites, c'est qu'ils soient sauvés.
1. Frères, le vœu de mon cœur et ma prière à Dieu pour eux, c’est qu’ils soient sauvés.
1. Frères, le voeu de mon coeur et ma prière à Dieu pour eux, c'est qu'ils soient sauvés.
1. Frères, le souhait de mon coeur, et la supplication que j'adresse à Dieu pour eux, c'est qu'ils soient sauvés.
1. Mes frères, quant à la bonne affection de mon cœur, et à la prière que je fais à Dieu pour Israël, c'est qu'ils soient sauvés.
1. Frères, le souhait de mon cœur, et ma prière à Dieu pour les Israélites, c'est qu'ils soient sauvés.
Versions with Strong CodesRomans 10 / KJV_Strong
1. Brethren,[G80] my[G1699] heart's[G2588] desire[G2107] [G3303] and[G2532] prayer[G1162] to[G4314] God[G2316] for[G5228] Israel[G2474] is,[G2076] that they might be saved.[G1519] [G4991]
Strong Code definitions
G80 adephos/ad-el-fos' from G1 (as a connective particle) and delphus (the womb); a brother (literally or figuratively) near or remote (much like 1):--brother. see G1&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G1 see G1&volume=KJV_strong' target='_self' >G1
G2588 kardia/kar-dee'-ah prolonged from a primary kar (Latin cor, "heart"); the heart, i.e. (figuratively) the thoughts or feelings (mind); also (by analogy) the middle:--(+ broken-)heart(-ed).
G2107 eudokia/yoo-dok-ee'-ah from a presumed compound of G2095 and the base of G1380; satisfaction, i.e. (subjectively) delight, or (objectively) kindness, wish, purpose:--desire, good pleasure (will), X seem good. see G2095 see G1380
G3303 men/men a primary particle; properly, indicative of affirmation or concession (in fact); usually followed by a contrasted clause with 1161 (this one, the former, etc.):--even, indeed, so, some, truly, verily. Often compounded with other particles in an intensive or asseverative sense. see G1161
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G4314 pros/pros a strengthened form of G4253; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. toward (with the genitive case, the side of, i.e. pertaining to; with the dative case, by the side of, i.e. near to; usually with the accusative case, the place, time, occasion, or respect, which is the destination of the relation, i.e. whither or for which it is predicated):-about, according to , against, among, at, because of, before, between, (where-)by, for, X at thy house, in, for intent, nigh unto, of, which pertain to, that, to (the end that), X together, to (you) -ward, unto, with(-in). In the comparative case, it denotes essentially the same applications, namely, motion towards, accession to, or nearness at. see G4253
G2316 theos/theh'-os of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:--X exceeding, God, god(-ly, -ward). see G3588
G5228 huper/hoop-er' a primary preposition; "over", i.e. (with the genitive case) of place, above, beyond, across, or causal, for the sake of, instead, regarding; with the accusative case superior to, more than:--(+ exceeding, abundantly) above, in (on) behalf of, beyond, by, + very chiefest, concerning, exceeding (above, -ly), for, + very highly, more (than), of, over, on the part of, for sake of, in stead, than, to(-ward), very. In the comparative, it retains many of the above applications.
G2474 Israel/is-rah-ale' of Hebrew origin (3478); Israel (i.e. Jisrael), the adopted name of Jacob, including his descendants (literally or figuratively):--Israel. see H3478
G2076 esti/es-tee' third person singular present indicative of G1510; he (she or it) is; also (with neuter plural) they are:--are, be(-long), call, X can(not), come, consisteth, X dure for a while, + follow, X have, (that) is (to say), make, meaneth, X must needs, + profit, + remaineth, + wrestle. see G1510
G1519 eis/ice a primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases:--(abundant-)ly, against, among, as, at, (back-)ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for (intent, purpose), fore, + forth, in (among, at, unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-)on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore(-unto), throughout, til, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-)until(-to), ...ward, (where-)fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively).
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Romans 10
see also: Bible Key Verses