Ephesians 1:9 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
9. making known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he purposed in him
9. Having made clear to us the secret of his purpose, in agreement with the design which he had in mind, to put into his hands
9. having made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he purposed in himself
9. Having made known to us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
9. having made known to us the secret of His will, according to His good pleasure, that He purposed in Himself,
German Bible Translations
9. und er hat uns wissen lassen das Geheimnis seines Willens nach seinem Wohlgefallen, so er sich vorgesetzt hatte in ihm,
9. er tat uns das Geheimnis seines Willens kund, gemäß seinem wohlwollenden Ratschluß, den er gefaßt hat in ihm,
French Bible Translations
9. Il nous a fait connaître le mystère de sa volonté, conformément au projet bienveillant qu'il avait formé en Christ
9. il nous a fait connaître le mystère de sa volonté, selon le bienveillant dessein qu’il avait formé en lui-même,
9. nous faisant connaître le mystère de sa volonté, selon le bienveillant dessein qu'il avait formé en lui-même,
9. nous ayant fait connaître le mystère de sa volonté selon son bon plaisir,
9. Nous ayant donné à connaître selon son bon plaisir, le secret de sa volonté, lequel il avait premièrement arrêté en soi-même.
9. Nous ayant fait connaître le mystère de sa volonté selon le dessein bienveillant qu'il avait auparavant résolu en lui-même,
Versions with Strong CodesEphesians 1 / KJV_Strong
9. Having made known[G1107] unto us[G2254] the[G3588] mystery[G3466] of his[G848] will,[G2307] according[G2596] to his[G848] good pleasure[G2107] which[G3739] he hath purposed[G4388] in[G1722] himself: [G848]
Strong Code definitions
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G3466 musterion/moos-tay'-ree-on from a derivative of muo (to shut the mouth); a secret or "mystery" (through the idea of silence imposed by initiation into religious rites):--mystery.
G2307 thelema/thel'-ay-mah from the prolonged form of G2309; a determination (properly, the thing), i.e. (actively) choice (specially, purpose, decree; abstractly, volition) or (passively) inclination:-- desire, pleasure, will. see G2309
G2596 kata/kat-ah' a primary particle; (prepositionally) down (in place or time), in varied relations (according to the case (genitive, dative or accusative) with which it is joined):--about, according as (to), after, against, (when they were) X alone, among, and, X apart, (even, like) as (concerning, pertaining to touching), X aside, at, before, beyond, by, to the charge of, (charita-)bly, concerning, + covered, (dai-)ly, down, every, (+ far more) exceeding, X more excellent, for, from ... to, godly, in(-asmuch, divers, every, -to, respect of), ... by, after the manner of, + by any means, beyond (out of) measure, X mightily, more, X natural, of (up-)on (X part), out (of every), over against, (+ your) X own, + particularly, so, through(-oughout, oughout every), thus, (un-)to(-gether, -ward), X uttermost, where(-by), with. In composition it retains many of these applications, and frequently denotes opposition, distribution, or intensity.
G2107 eudokia/yoo-dok-ee'-ah from a presumed compound of G2095 and the base of G1380; satisfaction, i.e. (subjectively) delight, or (objectively) kindness, wish, purpose:--desire, good pleasure (will), X seem good. see G2095 see G1380
G3739 hos/hos, including feminine ho ho probably a primary word (or perhaps a form of the article 3588); the relatively (sometimes demonstrative) pronoun, who, which, what, that:-one, (an-, the) other, some, that, what, which, who(m, -se), etc. See also 3757. see G3588 see G3757
G1722 en/en a primary preposition denoting (fixed) position (in place, time or state), and (by implication) instrumentality (medially or constructively), i.e. a relation of rest (intermediate between 1519 and 1537); "in," at, (up-)on, by, etc.:-about, after, against, + almost, X altogether, among, X as, at, before, between, (here-)by (+ all means), for (... sake of), + give self wholly to, (here-)in(-to, -wardly), X mightily, (because) of, (up-)on, (open-)ly, X outwardly, one, X quickly, X shortly, (speedi-)ly, X that, X there(-in, -on), through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), under, when, where(with), while, with(-in). Often used in compounds, with substantially the same import; rarely with verbs of motion, and then not to indicate direction, except (elliptically) by a separate (and different) preposition. see G1519 see G1537
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter Ephesians 1
see also: Bible Key Verses