1 Peter 2:25 in multiple versions / translations
English Bible Translations
25. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
25. For ye were going astray like sheep; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
25. Because, like sheep, you had gone out of the way; but now you have come back to him who keeps watch over your souls.
25. For ye were going astray as sheep, but have now returned to the shepherd and overseer of your souls.
25. For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned to the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.
25. for ye were as sheep going astray, but ye turned back now to the shepherd and overseer of your souls.
German Bible Translations
25. Denn ihr waret wie die irrenden Schafe; aber ihr seid nun bekehrt zu dem Hirten und Bischof eurer Seelen.
25. Denn ihr waret «wie irrende Schafe», nun aber seid ihr bekehrt zu dem Hirten und Hüter eurer Seelen.
French Bible Translations
25. Vous étiez en effet comme des brebis égarées, mais maintenant vous êtes retournés vers le berger et le protecteur de votre âme.
25. Car vous étiez comme des brebis errantes. Mais maintenant vous êtes retournés vers le berger et le gardien de vos âmes.
25. Car vous étiez comme des brebis errantes. Mais maintenant vous êtes retournés vers le pasteur et le gardien de vos âmes.
25. car vous étiez errants comme des brebis, mais maintenant vous êtes retournés au berger et au surveillant de vos âmes.
25. Car vous étiez comme des brebis errantes, mais maintenant vous êtes convertis au Pasteur et à l'Evêque de vos âmes.
25. Car vous étiez comme des brebis errantes; mais vous êtes maintenant retournés au Pasteur et à l'Évêque de vos âmes.
Versions with Strong Codes1 Peter 2 / KJV_Strong
25. For[G1063] ye were[G2258] as[G5613] sheep[G4263] going astray;[G4105] but[G235] are now[G3568] returned[G1994] unto[G1909] the[G3588] Shepherd[G4166] and[G2532] Bishop[G1985] of your[G5216] souls.[G5590]
Strong Code definitions
G1063 gar/gar a primary particle; properly, assigning a reason (used in argument, explanation or intensification; often with other particles):--and, as, because (that), but, even, for, indeed, no doubt, seeing, then, therefore, verily, what, why, yet.
G5613 hos/hoce probably adverb of comparative from G3739; which how, i.e. in that manner (very variously used, as follows):--about, after (that), (according) as (it had been, it were), as soon (as), even as (like), for, how (greatly), like (as, unto), since, so (that), that, to wit, unto, when(soever), while, X with all speed. see G3739
G4263 probaton/prob'-at-on probably neuter of a presumed derivative of G4260; something that walks forward (a quadruped), i.e. (specially), a sheep (literally or figuratively):--sheep(-fold). see G4260
G235 alla/al-lah' neuter plural of G243; properly, other things, i.e. (adverbially) contrariwise (in many relations):--and, but (even), howbeit, indeed, nay, nevertheless, no, notwithstanding, save, therefore, yea, yet. see G243
G3568 nun/noon a primary particle of present time; "now" (as adverb of date, a transition or emphasis); also as noun or adjective present or immediate:--henceforth, + hereafter, of late, soon, present, this (time). See also 3569, 3570. see G3569 see G3570
G1909 epi/ep-ee' a primary preposition; properly, meaning superimposition (of time, place, order, etc.), as a relation of distribution (with the genitive case), i.e. over, upon, etc.; of rest (with the dative case) at, on, etc.; of direction (with the accusative case) towards, upon, etc.:--about (the times), above, after, against, among, as long as (touching), at, beside, X have charge of, (be-, (where-))fore, in (a place, as much as, the time of, to), (because) of, (up-)on (behalf of), over, (by, for) the space of, through(-out), (un-)to(-ward), with. In compounds it retains essentially the same import, at, upon, etc. (literally or figuratively).
G3588 ho/ho, including the feminine to to in all their inflections; the definite article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in English idiom):--the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc.
G4166 poimen/poy-mane' of uncertain affinity; a shepherd (literally or figuratively):-shepherd, pastor.
G2532 kai/kahee apparently, a primary particle, having a copulative and sometimes also a cumulative force; and, also, even, so then, too, etc.; often used in connection (or composition) with other particles or small words:--and, also, both, but, even, for, if, or, so, that, then, therefore, when, yet.
G1985 episkopos/ep-is'-kop-os from G1909 and 4649 (in the sense of G1983); a superintendent, i.e. Christian officer in genitive case charge of a (or the) church (literally or figuratively):--bishop, overseer. see G1909 see G4649 see G1983
G5590 psuche/psoo-khay' from G5594; breath, i.e. (by implication) spirit, abstractly or concretely (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguished on the one hand from G4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; and on the other from G2222, which is mere vitality, even of plants: these terms thus exactly correspond respectively to the Hebrew 5315, 7307 and 2416):--heart (+ -ily), life, mind, soul, + us, + you. see G5594 see G4151 see G2222 see H5315 see H7307 see H2416
Prédications où le verset / chapitre de la Bible sont analysés1 Pierre 2.11-25; Exemplaire
1 Pierre 2.4-10 ; Christ précieux ?
Related Sermons discussing this verse or the Bible chapter 1 Peter 21st Peter #4: Exemplary
see also: Bible Key Verses