1. And as he went out of the temple, one of his disciples saith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones and what buildings are here!
2. And Jesus answering said unto him, Seest thou these great buildings? there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
3. And as he sat upon the mount of Olives over against the temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew asked him privately,
4. Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign when all these things shall be fulfilled?
5. And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
7. And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet.
8. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows.
9. But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them.
10. And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11. But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12. Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14. But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
15. And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:
16. And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.
17. But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
18. And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.
19. For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.
20. And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.
21. And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not:
22. For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23. But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
24. But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
25. And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
26. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
27. And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.
28. Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near:
29. So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh, even at the doors.
30. Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
33. Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.
34. For the Son of man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
35. Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:
36. Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
37. And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.
1. And when he was going out of the Temple, one of his disciples said to him, Master, see, what stones and what buildings!
2. And Jesus said to him, Do you see these great buildings? there is not one stone here resting on another which will not be overturned.
3. And while he was seated on the Mountain of Olives opposite the Temple, Peter and James and John and Andrew said to him privately,
4. Say when these things will be, and what will be the sign when these things are all about to be done.
5. And Jesus said to them, Take care that you are not tricked by anyone.
6. People will come in my name, saying, I am he; and a number will be turned from the true way.
7. And when you have news of wars and talk of wars, do not be troubled; these things have to be, but it is still not the end.
8. Nation will go to war with nation, and kingdom with kingdom: there will be earth-shocks in different places; there will be times when there is no food; these things are the first of the troubles.
9. But take care: for they will give you up to the Sanhedrins; and in Synagogues you will be whipped; and you will be taken before rulers and kings because of me, for a sign to them.
10. And the good news has first to be given to all the nations.
11. And when you are taken and given up to be judged, do not be troubled about what to say: but whatever is given to you in that hour, say: because it is not you who say it, but the Holy Spirit.
12. And brother will give up brother to death, and the father his child; and children will go against their fathers and mothers, and put them to death.
13. And you will be hated by all men, because of my name; but he who goes through to the end will have salvation.
14. But when you see the unclean thing which makes destruction, in the place where it has no right to be (let this be clear to the reader), then let those who are in Judaea go quickly to the mountains:
15. And let him who is on the house-top not go down, or go in, to take anything out of his house:
16. And let not him who is in the field go back to take his coat.
17. And it will be hard for women who are with child and for her who has a baby at the breast in those days.
18. And say a prayer that it may not be in the winter.
19. For in those days there will be sorrow, such as there has not been from the time when God made the world till now, and will not ever be again.
20. And if the Lord had not made the time short, no flesh would have been kept from destruction; but because of the saints he has made the time short.
21. And then if any man says to you, See, here is Christ; or, See, there; have no faith in it:
22. Because there will be false Christs and false prophets, and they will give signs and wonders in the hope of turning even the saints from the true way.
23. But take care; see, I have made all things clear to you before the time.
24. But in those days, after that time of trouble, the sun will be made dark and the moon will not give her light,
25. And the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers which are in the heavens will be moved.
26. And then they will see the Son of man coming in clouds with great power and glory.
27. And then he will send out the angels, and will get together his saints from the four winds, from the farthest part of the earth to the farthest part of heaven.
28. Take an example from the fig-tree: when its branches become soft and put out their leaves, you see that the summer is near;
29. Even so, when you see these things taking place, you may be certain that he is near, even at the doors.
30. Truly, I say to you, This generation will not come to an end till all these things are complete.
31. Heaven and earth will come to an end, but my words will not come to an end.
32. But of that day or that hour no one has knowledge, not even the angels in heaven, or the Son, but the Father.
33. Take care, keep watch with prayer: for you are not certain when the time will be.
34. It is as when a man who is in another country for a time, having gone away from his house, and given authority to his servants and to everyone his work, gives the porter an order to keep watch.
35. So you are to keep watch: because you are not certain when the master of the house is coming, in the evening, or in the middle of the night, or at the cock's cry, or in the morning;
36. For fear that, coming suddenly, he sees you sleeping.
37. And what I say to you, I say to all, Keep watch.