1. Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2. Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6. To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8. Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14. Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
15. Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,
16. Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
1. Paul, an Apostle of Christ Jesus by the purpose of God, to the saints who are at Ephesus, and those who have faith in Christ Jesus:
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has given us every blessing of the Spirit in the heavens in Christ:
4. Even as he made selection of us in him from the first, so that we might be holy and free from all evil before him in love:
5. As we were designed before by him for the position of sons to himself, through Jesus Christ, in the good pleasure of his purpose,
6. To the praise of the glory of his grace, which he freely gave to us in the Loved One:
7. In whom we have salvation through his blood, the forgiveness of our sins, through the wealth of his grace,
8. Which he gave us in full measure in all wisdom and care;
9. Having made clear to us the secret of his purpose, in agreement with the design which he had in mind, to put into his hands
10. The ordering of the times when they are complete, so that all things might come to a head in Christ, the things in heaven and the things on the earth; in him, I say,
11. In whom we have a heritage, being marked out from the first in his purpose who does all things in agreement with his designs;
12. So that his glory might have praise through us who first had hope in Christ:
13. In whom you, having been given the true word, the good news of your salvation, and through your faith in him, were given the sign of the Holy Spirit of hope,
14. Which is the first-fruit of our heritage, till God gets back that which is his, to the praise of his glory.
15. For this cause I, having had news of the faith in the Lord Jesus which is among you, and which you make clear to all the saints,
16. Give praise without end for you, keeping you in mind in my prayers;
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him;
18. And that having the eyes of your heart full of light, you may have knowledge of what is the hope of his purpose, what is the wealth of the glory of his heritage in the saints,
19. And how unlimited is his power to us who have faith, as is seen in the working of the strength of his power,
20. By which he made Christ come back from the dead, and gave him a place at his right hand in heaven,
21. Far over all rule and authority and power and every name which is named, not only in the present order, but in that which is to come:
22. And he has put all things under his feet, and has made him to be head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the full measure of him in whom all things are made complete.