Basic English Bible : 1 Thessalonians 1
1. Paul and Silvanus and Timothy, to the church of the Thessalonians in God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace.
2. We give praise to God at all times for you, keeping you in memory in our prayers;
3. Having ever in mind your work of faith and acts of love and the strength of your hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, before our God and Father;
4. Being conscious, my brothers, dear to God, that you have been marked out by God's purpose;
5. Because our good news came to you, not in word only, but in power, and in the Holy Spirit, so that you were completely certain of it; even as you saw what our behaviour to you was like from our love to you.
6. And you took us and the Lord as your example, after the word had come to you in much trouble, with joy in the Holy Spirit;
7. So that you became an example to all those who have faith in Christ in Macedonia and Achaia.
8. For not only was the word of the Lord sounding out from you in Macedonia and Achaia, but in every place your faith in God is made clear; so that we have no need to say anything.
9. For they themselves give the news of how we came among you; and how you were turned from images to God, to the worship of a true and living God,
10. Waiting for his Son from heaven, who came back from the dead, even Jesus, our Saviour from the wrath to come.